Let The Grappling Lab help build a better, stronger, faster version of yourself. Popularized by modern television media, Brazilian Jiujitsu has become iconic in the world of competitive sports and martial arts, and is fast gaining popularity for both the physical and mental benefits it brings to its players. BJJ is part of a general group of martial arts known as grappling that combines technical drilling with the physical applications of rolling, providing a playground for explorations in real time, with a training partner. By training to optimize reaction times and physical conditioning, you’ll build a strong ground game while improving your health and having fun.
If you ever needed the motivation to learn something new in an activity that will create valuable long-lasting effects, transforming you to become the best you can be—this is it.
Professional and knowledgeable instructor
Head Coach Edwin Peng combines his extensive grappling training with not only his teaching experience in higher education, giving him in-depth understanding of the art of learning, but also his research into the science of achieving peak physical performance. Read more about him here.
- Brazilian Jiujitsu Back belt under GFTeam
- Exercise science lecturer at Cal State Long Beach
- Masters degree in Exercise Science
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Learn To Move
The human body is capable of amazing and wondrous things, and yours has limits you may never have imagined. Socrates once said, “No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” Let’s see how The Grappling Lab can help you achieve your goals.
- Training protocols based on up to date exercise science research.
- Smart programming to reinforce skill learning and retention.
- Concept and principle based instruction, with physical application.
- Beginner friendly—no prior experience needed.
Safety Conscious Environment
The learning environment is just as important as what you learn and how you learn it. At The Grappling Lab, we value safety as a top priority. Safe practice encourages longevity and the ability to make training a lifelong endeavor. While we want to motivate you and help you develop personal discipline, we will never push you beyond your healthy limits.
- Respectful and health conscious training partners.
- Teaching you how to recognize dangerous positions.
- Adaptations for your individual needs and abilities.